Summer is here, and that means so is the heat. When taking your workout outside, consider our five tips for exercising in the summer heat:
- Time of day is important: Times between 10am to 3pm are the hottest part of the day, if possible, try to avoid exercising outside during those times.
- Stay hydrated: See last month’s newsletter to see if you are drinking enough water. Find out here!
- Wear sunscreen: Nothing is worse than trying to finish a workout with a bad sun burn. Opt for a sport sunscreen so that the sunscreen does not come off once you start sweating.
- Wear light clothing: Wear lightweight, breathable, moisture- wicking material to keep you cool and dry.
- Location: If possible, choose shaded trails or pathways to keep you out of the sun.